Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Tuesday Drudge, Part XI

Do you remember how I got mono just over a year ago?  How I just wasn't feeling well, my tonsils swelled up, became spotty, and gross?  And then afterwards how it seemed that anytime I didn't sleep well or was stressed out it would flare up again?  Remember that?

Yeah, so I haven't been sleeping so well the last week.  And I've had lots of homework to do.  And lots of late nights.  This afternoon it felt like I had a hair in the back of my throat.  I opened my mouth wide and checked out my tonsils.  Yep.  Even a year later, they were slightly puffy and hashed.  My uvula (the hangy thing) was a bit saggy (hence the irritation I felt) and slimy looking.  And there, tucked in one of the folds of my lumpy tonsils, was a single white spot.

So, I ask you, my friends: How long did it take for your mono to go away?

No comments: