Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Tuesday Drudge

I don't like Tuesdays.  In fact, I think Tuesdays may just be worse than Wednesdays.  Here it is just after 9:00am, and I am already longing for the day to end and for my head to hit the pillow. 

Just some thoughts this morning:
  • Today commences the first semester of my second year of graduate school.  It is good that my education is underway but the fact that I will have a 15-hour work/school day is less than appealing.
  • Over the last 3 months, it seems that every time I get less sleep than I should, my tonsils flare up.  They get all swollen again and start spotting.  Is this normal for people who have had mono?  Does anyone else have this problem?
  • My left eye is starting to twitch--another sign that I haven't been sleeping well.
  • There is this person I am forced to associate with on a professional level who is driving me insane.  He gets paid, so why am I doing his job?!?
  • I still have $66 to spend before September 15 for flexible spending.  I guess I better start filling up my medicine cabinet.  Maybe I'll buy some more throat lozenges... stupid tonsils.
  • I think it is funny that every time I log on to Facebook it tells me I should "reconnect" with my boyfriend.  Little does Facebook know how much I'd like to make that happen... 
  • Which it is, as we will be "reconnecting" in October.  He's taking me home for Thanksgiving, Canadian style.  I love Thanksgiving.
  • I like this song.  It makes me feel better about it being Tuesday.  Except now I really want to go to the beach.  Enjoy.

No comments: