Sunday, August 29, 2010

Park City

Saturday I was able to go with one of my mission companions, Erin, her husband, Travis,
and our new friend Zhang Li Juan from China to Park City. 

We took a ski lift up the mountain


and walked around a bit at the top.


And I quickly realized my Chinese is as rusty as this old tower.

Then  we went to Olympic Park


And watched aerial practice.


And what trip to Park City is complete without lunch and a stop at the Outlet mall?

We had so much fun and enjoyed being tourists for the day.

The best part was that I got to practice my Chinese.
You can definitely tell it's been a long time since you've conversed in the dulcet tones when,
after speaking Chinese for 7 hours straight, you are completely, mindnumbingly exhausted.

Who knew Chinese took so much brain power?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yeah, Park City outing. I like your pictures. At least you didn't ride with me on the ski lift where I was having heart palpitations and panic attack moments. Thanks agin.