Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Post in Which I Brag About Myself

So, I've been thinking about the post I wrote yesterday.  I wrote that cooking was the only way in which to express my creativity.  Well, I was thinking about it today, and I figured that I was wrong.  I had forgotten that I have one other avenue of talent and inventiveness.

I can write.

Now, I know what you must be thinking.  You are thinking that you've been reading my blog for a whole 14 days for the month of April, and I have yet to impress you with my awesome writing abilities.  And you are thinking correctly.  I've been a terrible writer over the last few weeks and months.  It isn't because I can't write; it is because I haven't had the time.  My mind and my heart have been preoccupied with so many other things that I haven't taken the opportunity to dazzle you or delight you.  But I will, one day.  You just have to be patient.

As it is National Poetry Month, and as I have only posted 2ish poems for the first half of April, you can read my some of my previously self-published poetry pieces here or here, if you want to.  They are my favorites.

(Did you see that excellent use of literary skill in the above paragraph?  Four words in a row, all starting with 'p'?  Amazing alliteration!)

And you thought I was lying when I told you I was a writer.

No comments: