Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mmm, Mmm, Margherita

Today I made a Margherita pizza.  Oh my, it was yummy.  I was going to take a picture of its glorious beauty, but my rechargeable batteries were dead.  So I swapped the set in the camera for another set of rechargeables.  But they were dead too.  I then changed them for a set of regular double A's.  As those were just as lifeless, I decided to give up.  So, no pictures, but trust me, it was good.

So here's what to do:  Make your favorite pizza crust.  Splash a few drops of balsamic vinegar on the dough.  Place sliced tomatoes, sprinkle fresh basil, and cube some fresh mozzarella.  Bake it in the oven until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melty and bubbly.  Eat all.

It would probably be best to pre-bake your crust, as my cheese was done far before the crust was.  Maybe drain some juice off of the tomatoes to keep the pizza from being so wet.  And make sure it has lots of cheese.

Enjoy!

No comments: