Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bloggerversary!!

Today is my bloggerversary.  Can you believe that I have been blogging for 5 years?!  I can't believe it has been that long, or short, because it feels like I've been blogging forever.  I look back at some of those early blog posts, and I give a small cringe.  Did I really write that?  Yikes!  But then, that was me then and this is me now and there is progression (or digression, depending on how you look at it).

I started this blog mostly because it was the thing to do at the time.  Everyone was blogging, and I felt that I needed to be a part of the crowd.  I didn't know what to write, so I just started posting about my life.  My job, school, my hair, food, movies, family, anything that came to mind.  There are a lot of small, crazy things that happen everyday, and I felt that if I highlighted these odd or amusing occurrences of daily living, then maybe others would see that their life was just like mine.

Blogging has given me an outlet and a forum to WRITE!  I've always considered myself a writer--ever since the third grade when I wrote a short poem and received high praise from both my teacher and my parents.  Writing is something I have always wanted to do and blogging allows me to do it.  Not all of my posts are masterpieces.  Most of them are just short and random.  But it is an exercise that allows me to practice and share.  Sometimes I write to be philosophical or poetic.  Other times I write a simple travelogue of my daily routine.  Occasionally I write of the past or dreams of the future.  Once in a while I write of spiritual things.  But mostly I write of life.  I hope you have enjoyed reading about it, because I have certainly enjoyed writing about it.

To celebrate, I thought that I would simply list some of my favorite blogging moments from the years.  Of course, I could list many more posts that I love or made me think, but here are just a few of the random and quirky things that happen in life and make me me.

What would you like to read about?


My shopping exploits

My hair
Hair Envy

One day while bored at work
The Story of Two Donuts

A good day
Jinx

A not so good day

A funny day

A Sad day

A food adventure

A life adventure



Here's to 5 more years of blogging!!

No comments: