Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Perfect Pizza

My neighbor gave me a great idea: make pizza crust from focaccia bread.  I liked this idea, so I looked up recipes to give it a try.  I don't think the recipe I decided on was a true focaccia, but I tried it with a minor adjustment and I LOVED it.  So, now it's my new go-to pizza crust recipe.  Enjoy!

Pizza Crust

1 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
1 cup warm water
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbls olive oil
2 cups flour

Place yeast, water, sugar, and salt in bowl and stir until dissolved. Stir in oil. Add flour and stir until well blended. Cover and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour. Spread out onto greased pizza pan and top with favorite toppings. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I use this recipe!!!! The only thing I do differently is add 2 T of olive oil. It gives it a nice flavor. So yummy!