Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Tuesday Drudge, Part XIV

I had my final class tonight.  It was a bit bittersweet--I am so glad that I am finished, but I really am going to miss my classmates.  We've spent every Tuesday night together for the last two years.  Now who am I going to spend my Tuesday nights with?  What am I going to do?

It was also slightly anti-climatic.  I mean, I guess I was just expecting more for our final meeting than what actually happened.  I thought we'd go out with a bang, but instead it was more like a "It's been fun".  Lame.

Speaking of school, some people are far too obsessed with grades.  I mean, is receiving less than an A really that bad?  I got an A- in one of my classes this summer and I was shouting praises and singing hallelujahs.  I was happy. 

Some student must have complained about the grades because one of my teachers sent out an email daring all perfection-seeking students to just once get a B to see if the world really would 'tilt on her axis'.  Her thinly veiled sarcasm made my day.

I met with my internship people today.  They are cool.  I'm going to die this fall.  Remind me why I decided to go to graduate school?

No comments: