Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Friday Song, Albeit an Hour or So Early

My 8th grade choir teacher taught us a little ditty called "The Friday Song".  We were only allowed to sing it as part of our Friday morning warm-up.  It was a celebratory song--we sang it because it was Friday and the weekend had finally come.  And every time we sang it, it brightened up our already bright day just a little bit more.

Even though it is only late Thursday night, I am feeling the need for the Friday Song because I am tired of doing homework, tired of sitting in my hot office, tired of grumpy people, and mostly just tired of the week and ready for the long weekend.

The words are as follows. I'll teach you the tune some other time.  I would sing it for you now, but I refuse to publish anything as terrible as my voice on the internet. 

The Friday Song

Friday, Friday, Friday is my favorite day.
Friday, Friday, Friday is my favorite day.
Monday is a bummer,
Tuesday's only fair.
Wednesday's getting better,
Thursday's almost there.
But Friday, Friday,
Friday is my favorite,
Friday is my favorite,
Friday is my favorite day.

Aren't you just a smidgen happier now then you were before you read that?  I am.  And as it is my blog, that's all that matters, really.

No comments: