Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tired

Last night I fell asleep while reading my scriptures.  I woke up a bit later confused and surprised.  My light was on, my blankets only half covered me, my hand was streched out over my open book, and it was two hours later than it was when I started.  Looking back, I think I zonked out somwhere between reading the chapter title and finishing the chapter heading (which was all of 4 lines long).

I'm kind if tired.  Ok, really tired.  My weeks consist of endless days, nights that are nothing but a blink, and very little in between.  For example, on Tuesday I left my house at 7:00 am and didn't return until 11:00 pm.  I worked for 9.5 hours, had class for 5, commuted/traveled for 1, and had absolutely no time for anything else.  And that's normal (at least for Tuesdays). 

On other days, I go to work early in the morning and work late into the evening because on Mondays and Thursdays I leave in the middle to go to the local junior high to do my counseling practicum.  I have to work extra just to make up for the work that I miss.  So, I'm working 40 hours a week, going to my practicum for 10, and die when I go home, after I do my homework.

No wonder I haven't been to Zumba in a while.  Or to FHE.  Or to anything, actually.  And the semester's only half over.

Sheesh!

All I have to say is that it is a good thing I don't have kids.  Or a husband.  Or a boyfriend who lives in state....or in the same country, for that matter.  If he did live closer, who knows what sort of mess my life would be.

To make myself feel better and destress, I try to count my blessings every once in a while.  I try to read my scriptures too, but sometimes I don't succeed.  :)

No comments: