Sunday, February 13, 2011

What I Ate for Dinner: Coconut Curry with Chicken

Sometimes my parents don't like the food I like to make for them.  For example, when I make certain cuisines from the Orient, I'm the only one to eat it.  They have not the palate that I have...nor the ambition to try new things.  Because of this, my cooking creativity can be occasionally squashed.  However, if I time my cooking just right, I can still make the food I love.

I made this lovely coconut curry with chicken Friday night while my parents were out.  I then ate the leftovers when they were out again on Saturday night.  They had no idea what they were missing.


Ingredients:
1 chicken breast
4 small potatoes
2 carrots
1/2 onion or 2 green onions
1 can coconut milk
2 tablespoons curry sauce (bought at the Chinese store)
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil

Cook cut up chicken in olive oil.  Add diced potatoes, carrots, onions, and water.  Cover and let boil for 5 minutes.  Add coconut milk and curry sauce.  Cover and let cook until vegetables are soft.  Serve over rice.  I topped mine with cilantro, but Thai basil would be even better.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yummy. I wish you lived closer or that I lived closer because I would love to share in that goodness.

Katie said...

This is one of my favorite dishes. I love chicken coconut curry. Yours looks delicious!