Friday, January 14, 2011

I Love the Smell of Soy Sauce in the Morning

Question #1:
What do you do when your boyfriend lives in Canada,
your parents have gone out for the evening,
and you have the house all to yourself on a Friday night?

Answer #1: 
Make Shui Jiao!!!

I've been wanting to make my own shui jiao since I came home from my mission.
It only took me 2 hours to make 3 dozen, but it was so worth it.

Throw all of your ingredients into a bowl.

Mix it all together.

Stuff your wrappers.

Boil.  Eat with soy sauce.

 Question #2:
What do you do when you have left over wonton wrappers?

Answer #2:
Make dessert!!

Baked Strawberry Cream Cheese Wonton Cups

Ingredients for shui jiao: ground pork, cabbage, green onions, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame seed oil, wonton wrappers, water.

Ingredients for dessert wontons: wonton wrappers, cream cheese, powdered sugar, strawberry jam, butter, sugar.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I know that I should have invited you over on Friday night. We think the same. I made my own shui jiao as well. Only I fried mine. So good. We were probably making them at the same time. How is that for shared interests.

Allyson said...

Hi Jill! Ok, so I just have to say that this post made my night. We had potstickers during the holidays and I tried to tell my husband that they are called shui jiao's and he didn't believe me. Thank you for proving me right :) Hope you're doing well!

Katie said...

I'd like the recipe. Both sound so good right now.