Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Overload

You have to understand that for the most part, I'm a pretty cool cat. It takes a lot to phase me. I'm pretty laid back and chill.

But I have to admit that right now (and for the last week), I've been overwhelmed. Stressed. Frazzled. Taxed and strained. There is just a lot going on and I can't seem to sort it all out and get it done. School, work, family, boys, life--its just all keeps piling on. It's stifling. Constraining. And I feel like I'm floundering, moving without really getting anywhere.

I just need to shake it off, take a deep breath and get to work.

But first I think I'll need some ice cream.

Got a spoon?

2 comments:

Dan said...

I fully commiserate with you on having so much to do that I can't even begin to sort it out. Who knew February was supposed to be like this?

Nothing has made me feel better than to slow down and spend some time contemplating and visiting with family especially with grandma being in the hospital. It has made me more aware of the meaningful things in life which devalues so much of the stress I feel for so many insignificant things.

It also helps to have a list and check items off once they are accomplished. I think tonight I started my 14th list of things to do to finish my thesis. the good news is that if all goes well, I calculate having only about 10 more hours of work left to finish it!!!

The Willeyes said...

Dan put it so well, there isn't much else to say...except if you want a partner for ice cream...I'm your gal :) Hang in there!