Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Graduate School: Day 1

I've decided that graduate school isn't going to be nearly as scary as I thought...at least, not yet. There are 7 or so different sites and we communicate by video and microphone. A little different than what I'm used to, but I'll get used to it. The other students at my site are awesome! There are 9 of us and they are just fun and sassy. And it's great that the teacher can't hear what you are saying unless your mic is turned on.

This is how it went down:

Class #1
My teacher is hilarious without meaning to be so. She's just a bit ditsy and off the wall--I love it! We went through each site, making sure we all had video and sound, and a quick role call. She then proceeded to walk us through the syllabus, which took close to an hour, and then showed us this video. Funny!

Class #2
He scared us a bit at first, but SUU took it over when then said they thought he was messing with them. No, he was serious. Oh well. He really likes the phrases, "Isn't it exciting?!" and "True story". My favorite was "Teaching after 10:00 is immoral." Thank you, Dr. Bush, I would have to agree. Oh, and the Ghostbuster's clip was pretty good, too.

A long night makes for a long day, but I think I'm going to like it.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Good luck. Totally random comment, but I just bought some square wrappers that can be used for crepes or egg rolls. Do you have any recipes that I could use with them. I think they need to be cooked, but I can't really find anything that I want to do with the.