Saturday, August 16, 2008

Who'd you say?

In a recent attempt to spend my Amazon.com gift card, I impulsively bought a CD. I don't buy Cd's very often, but thought since I wasn't really spending any money I'd buy one anyway. After hearing a popular single, Nine in the Afternoon, on the radio and enjoying it immensely, I'd figure I'd give the whole album a try. The band's name? Panic at the Disco. Okay, talk about an intriguing name and one I'd never heard of before. At first, I was slightly worried; I mean "panic at the disco" is a rather interesting title, and with such an interesting title you would have to produce some highly interesting music, right? Well, I received the CD about two weeks ago and just the other day finally got around to opening and listening to it. Two things: one, it is some rather interesting music, (just a little different than what I'm used to); and two, I absolutely love this album. I haven't stopped listening to it for days. The best way to describe the music? I would say they kind of have a Beatles-like sound (a little old fashioned, harmonious, and English), but with lyrics similar to those of Queen, where they are just a little random and nonsensical. It sounds weird, but it actually works. I like it. Just thought you would like to know.

No comments: