Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Lonely Sunday

We've lived in Edmonton for almost 3 months, yet I still don't feel like I know anyone.  Normally, you meet people at church, but it just hasn't worked out for us to meet many yet.  Here's how it has gone:

Week 1:  Ended up sitting by someone who was visiting from out of town.
Week 2:  Sat next to a girl who lives down the hall from us.
Week 3:  Had a tri-ward meeting.  Guess what?  They are changing the boundaries!!  And we (but not our neighbors) are in a different ward.
Week 4:  Thought church was at 11, but it was actually at 9.  Went to the wrong ward.
Week 5:  Keith's family was visiting.  Sat by them instead of other ward members.
Week 6:  Finally, a normal Sunday!
Week 7:  Calgary Temple Dedication.  We picked a random session and sat with random people.
Week 8:  Stake Conference.  Again, sitting with random people.

So, you see, we actually haven't had more than 2 typical Sundays since we've moved in and we've been shuffled around a lot.  I really hope that I make friends soon, because, honestly, when Keith isn't around, I'm a little lonely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog via the NaBloPoMo list on Blogher. Love the name of your blog.

I enjoyed the photos from your wedding. Very pretty dress.

I'm sorry that your church isn't being as friendly as you anticipated that it would be. But you never know, maybe eventually people will decide to reach out to you.

And if not, there's always the blogosphere. ;-)