Thursday, November 10, 2011

Journey to Passion

Do you have a passion?  Something that you crave and can't get enough of?  Some cause that you fight for and revel in?  What is it? 

Over the past year or so, I've thought a lot about passions, and I have been saddened to discover that I don't think I have one.  Sure, there are lots of things that I take an interest in, and lot of pieces and tidbits of talents and skills that I have.  But no passion.  I do things because I need something to do, not because I NEED to do something.  I pick subjects of study because I enjoy learning about them, not because I am hoping to send a message or spread awareness.  And sometimes I feel a little like I am missing something.   Although I have done many things in my life and have accomplished much, I am lacking that thing that I really love that I didn't know existed. 

So how does one go about finding a passion?  How does one discover that small part of them that will grow into something greater?  Is it something that will happen naturally, or do I go out and seek it?  And how do I recognize it when I find it?

No comments: