Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What I Ate For Dinner: Chicken Parmesan

Once upon a time, I had this dream that I would one day live in Italy, or marry an Italian, or at least have an Italian Mama for a mother-in-law.  I did all I could--I visited the country, studied the language, and read cook books--but mostly I just dreamed.

As it is, I still haven't moved to Italy, I've completely forgotten the language, and my mother-in-law is more likely to be Canadian/Dutch than Italian.  But I still love Italy.  And I still love Italian food.

Last night I was in the mood for a little Cucina Italiana, so I made this Chicken Parmesan.  It cooked up surprisingly fast and was molto delizioso!  I made the recipe up as I went along.  I didn't measure anything, as it is all done to taste.  You can add as much or as little of the seasonings as you want or add different ones.  It's up to you.

Buon Appetito!

Chicken Parmesan
4 chicken breasts
4 slices white bread
parmesan Cheese
oregano
basil
garlic powder
onion powder
2 eggs, beaten
pasta, cooked according to package directions
marinara sauce, heated through

Preheat oven to 345 F.  Trim fat off chicken and set aside.  Place bread in toaster.  Toast to nice golden brown.  Place toasted bread in blender and blend to crumbs.  Add bread crumbs, cheese, and seasonings to a storage bag.  Close bag and shake until mixed.  Dip chicken in egg, coating both sides.  Place in bag with crumbs and toss until covered.  Place breaded chicken on a cooking sheet that is lined with cooking-sprayed foil.  Place pan in preheated oven.  Cook 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.  Serve cooked chicken over favorite pasta and marinara sauce.  Serves 4.

P.S.  Sorry about the picture.  I was too hungry to take a picture last night, so you get a picture of the leftovers that I ate for lunch today.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Yum! come make me that same dinner. you are welcome anytime!