Monday, May 17, 2010

No Business Like Show Business


I went with my mom, Chelsea, Colette and Jamison to the local junior high school play this last weekend. The school put on a musical review--the same musical review that we put on when I went to school there. The kids did a good job and had good effort, but the result wasn't anything close to the amazing as the production we put out. I mean, the girl who sang the song I sang was wearing black jeans and a graphic t-shirt. Didn't she do any research for her part? The song is from a show about Irishmen, not punks in LA.

The show did bring back good memories of the old days, though. Tiffany's awesome Peter Pan costume, the makeshift dressing room in the choir room, after school rehearsals, playing cards while not on stage, the Lost Boys, the makeup, a costume change in the storage room in the wings, pitch pipes, dance steps, etc. It almost made me want to get up an stage and play along. Almost.

The best part of the show was when 5-year-old Jamison was sitting on my lap. He started laughing, turned to me, and said, "Jill, I just gassed on your lap!" He thought he was pretty hilarious. I did, too. Gassed? Who says that?

1 comment:

Erin said...

I can't believe you changed your profile look. I almost thought I had stumbled onto the wrong blog. It was funny about the gassing part though.