Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just One of Those Mornings

I was going to get up early this morning--5:45 to be exact.  That would give me time to maybe actually take the train to work and save myself gas money.  It was a nice thought, though perhaps a little unrealistic.  Good morning, 6:25.
 
I washed my hair this morning.  Showers tend to be longer when you reach for the shampoo instead of the conditioner and accidentally shampoo your hair twice.  Rinse and repeat...and rinse again.

I completed some laundry this morning.  I threw a batch in the dryer and my new 'line dry' shirt in the washer to pull out before I left.  Who knew that when the tag says "hand wash in cold water", they really mean "hand wash in cold water" and not "wash in the washer in cold water"?   I tried stretching it out... 

I cooked myself some eggs this morning.  I was hungry and thought that I could make my lunch and eat breakfast at the same time and still not be late.  At least I was optimistic.

I was going to iron my clothes this morning, but I just didn't get there.  Business casual doesn't necessarily mean wrinkle-free, does it?

I heard my favorite song on the radio as I drove to work this morning.  I normally crank up the volume and sing my heart out.  Not today.  I just wasn't feeling it.

I was resolved to be good and eat healthy this morning.  I did well until I got to the office.  Hello, my Great Harvest pumpkin chocolate chip bread! Good morning, my Great Harvest blueberry sour cream bread!   Oh, and my darling Great Harvest cinnamon pull-a-parts!  I am so happy to see you all!  and it isn't even 9:30 yet!

I find I am a little out of sorts this morning, and that's okay because sometimes life is just like that.

2 comments:

Erin said...

True. At least you have a sense of humor. Hello life and I will worry about everything tomorrow :)

Kellee said...

Thank you for the laugh. I felt like I was reading my own life. Good intentions but don't always result in the actual actions. :)