Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rumor Has It

I heard that they are making a new movie of Jane Eyre, produced by BBC, that is supposed to be released sometime in 2009.

As you know, Jane Eyre is quite possibly the best books ever written. I have read it many times and will yet read it again. It is an amazing book that has been adapted again and again for the big screen. There are at least 4 different/older versions of the movie that I can think of and I am sure there are more that I am unaware of. And yet, each and every one of these versions is a disappointment. Mr. Rochester is too harsh, Jane is too pretty (or too ugly), they mess up the story, they mess up the romance, they cut out the best speeches, etc. They get it all wrong.

To hear that they are making a new movie of Jane Eyre excites me. I have been waiting for a film that can truly capture the emotion and feeling of the book, something movie makers have yet to accomplish, and hope that this new film just might be the one.

However, as I search for and google this new film, I come up with nothing. There is absolutely zero information about it. The only bit of news I can find is the actress who is to play Jane. And as for the release date? Well, 2009 is more than half over and there is still not the slightest peep. It's discouraging. And I begin to wonder: Is the rumor to be believed?

Oh, the suspense!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I have never read the book, but I am going to now. I just need to find it. . .I do have it somewhere in my house, I think.

Erin J said...

I love your blog. Keep blogging away.