Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Booking It

I have a long commute. If I take public transportation, it takes me 50 minutes to get to work in the mornings and over an hour to get home at night. That gives me a LOT of time to read.

From my last post, you can see that I have just finished reading North and South. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am now love with the hero, Mr. Thornton. The book before that was Jane Eyre, which is, in my opinion, one of the most compelling and best books ever written.

So now, having read through two fairly heavy pieces of literature, I am in need of a new book to read as I wile away the time on the train. Any suggestions? Leave me a comment with what you think I should read next or what your favorite book is and we'll see what we can do.

2 comments:

Nathan Meidell said...

"Northanger Abbey"? I enjoyed it anyway. If not that, I know Kim would recommend "Princess Academy", (I guess I would too.)

Megan said...

"The Book Thief"
and "These is My Words"