Wednesday, January 28, 2009

'You Snooze' Doesn't Necessarily Mean 'You Lose'

One day on my mission, my companion and I slept in. My companion's alarm clock was broken, and I, in my Benadryl-induced sleep (I was sick), accidentally turned mine off when it buzzed. Instead of waking up 45 minutes early so we could go to Zone Conference in Taipei, we woke up 15 minutes late, giving ourselves only 20 minutes to dress and catch our train. Whoops!

In relating this story to a fellow missionary (unfortunately, I can't remember who it was), she said, "Isn't it great how Heavenly Father gives us little blessings like that sometimes?" I never before had thought of extra sleep as a blessing, yet was grateful for this sister's perspective.

Today, I hit the 'off' button instead of 'snooze' again. Instead of getting up at 6, I didn't wake up until 7:30. I'm supposed to be at work at 7:30. I overslept a whole hour and a half!!

Wow! Heavenly Father must really love me.

I feel so blessed!

1 comment:

Chelise said...

So TRUE! I slept through my class this week (I was a log in bed, no doubt about it). Late that day I called a kid in class to get the homework assignment, and he said the teacher didn't show up to class either because he was sick- first time in three years!!! Yea for blessings!