Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mmm, 好吃

The other day, I was taken out to lunch by a Taiwanese friend, and this is what I ate:


Almost. I didn't have my camera with me, of course, but this is a close picture to what we ordered. Doesn't it just look authentic?? It smelt good, looked good, and tasted great!! I felt like I had returned home to Taiwan (although, I was told by my friend that this food has more of a Cantonese flare than Taiwanese.) I walked into the restaurant and I was probably one of two Caucasians in the place; everyone else was Chinese. A very good sign that this is some seriously good food. We got shrimp dumplings, pork dumplings, spring rolls, and sticky rice wrapped in lotus leaves. It was divine and the most authentic Chinese food I have found in the city.
我很想念臺灣的食物.
And where might this wonder of wonders be?

It is the Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant in Salt Lake City on Main street and 1300 South. Not only is it nearby, it is also moderately priced: only $4.95 for their lunch specials. Check out the link and look up the menu. I would love to take you there. In fact, I told the owner that next time I was going to bring friends, it was THAT good. Anyone want to go? I'll even think about buying. :)

No comments: