Thursday, July 31, 2008

Proceed with Caution

Today was an eventful day at the JSMB. As you may know, serving and working with food can sometimes be tricky and exciting, however, today it was hazardous. It really was a doozy. To begin with, I toppled a whole stack of glasses within my first 10 minutes of being there. I think I fared better than most people do when the whole stack goes down--I only broke 18 or so glasses. Not bad for an amateur!! Only 45 minutes later or so I got a bum speed rack so that just as I was going over the bump into the elevator my cheesecakes pancaked on top of each other. Needless to say, all three cheesecakes were toast (or creamed?). Thank goodness the chocolate macadamia nut mousse cake was okay. After that I seriously considered taping a sign to my forehead reading, "Warning: May Spontaneously Combust!" but I thought that might detract from my professionalism. The rest of my shift went fine, though I was concerned for the health of those around me. I think I could have won a trophy for klutziness today. I definitely deserve the grand prize. In fact, I think I cost the company more than I'll have on my paycheck, yet lucky me, I don't have to pay for it. Oh well. All is fair in work and war!

No comments: